Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's the little things

I have been trying really hard to keep track of everything that has been entering my digestive system.  I have found that it's seriously difficult to keep up with my water intake when I'm at work.  It's been really busy lately and there is just no time between keeping customers happy to drink anything.  It kind of sucks.  But, it's all right.  It's also been very difficult to exercise and go for my walks when my walking partner hasn't been feeling that great lately.  Mom's foot and knee have been bothering her all week so we haven't been able to go.

On the plus side, I've gotten Emmi her own set of 1lb weights and she's been doing some strength training with me.  She does as much as she can and when she gets tired, she stops.  It's so cute to see my little one lifting tiny dumbbells!  I suppose it's good though because she's starting young and I'm making her realize that exercise is important.

I haven't had a chance to get weighed since I started trying to be good but, I have noticed that I feel much better and I've been able to deal with the hunger pains easier when they do happen.  I hope I'm doing enough for now.  Once I create more room in my apartment, I'll be able to get back into working out to my videos and weight will really drop off more.  I suppose I should get started on that soon...

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you! I've never been very good at diet and exercise but I am also trying to get back into the swing of things. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Devon. I have been losing weight for the past year. It feels so good, although expensive, to keep going down dress sizes. One thing to remember is that while you are losing the fat you will be gaining muscle so the numbers on the scale will be misleading. The measurements and clothing sizes will be a better indicator.

    Oh, and if you can swimming is excellent exercise when you are overweight as there is so much less impact on your body. Most of my weight loss has revolved around the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I am trying to eat more fresh foods. I know that I always feel better, healthier, and trimmer when I make it a point to do that, I just have a problem making it a point to do that!

    ReplyDelete