Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Benefit of being sick

Now, normally, I do not enjoy being sickly.  In fact, I never enjoy it.  So, much to my dismay, I ended up with a stomach bug the other day.  Thankfully, it was only a 24 hour bug and I didn't feed it at all and it left pretty quickly.  About as quick as it started.  I'm much better now.

So, what is the "benefit" you ask?  Well, since I didn't eat much for that 24 hour plus time frame, I was able to start off my New Year's Resolution pretty easily.  I haven't eaten much since then and I'm already a couple pounds lighter than I was the other day.  I would not recommend this though.  Not pretty.  But, it did help me out and, for that, I'm grateful.

Tomorrow starts my first walk around the mall with my mom!  It was going to happen on Thursday but, plans came up for her and she had to change days.  Our walk days are going to be Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Since today is New Year's Day though, we're going to start out in the middle of the week since we're not sure what's open.  I think it's an acceptable reason.

To start out today though, I've started counting calories.  I'm doing pretty well so far, I think.  I'm trying to drink tons of water and trying to stay a bit hungry throughout the day.  Hopefully this will work for me.  I might even pop in a video later and do a bit of cardio after I get my Christmas tree down for the year.  That should be an interesting project with two small children wanting "to help."  Wish me luck...


No comments:

Post a Comment